Monday, June 15, 2009

Super Simple Pocket Notebook

Materials Needed:
• thin cardboard
• decorative paper
• hole punch
• paper of your choice for inside
• glue
• ribbon
• sticker or other decorations (optional)


* front


* back

So this little pocket notebook is a really easy one to make. I just grabbed some thin cardboard laying around and cut it to the size I wanted my notebook to be. Then I cut out an exact replica so I have 2 pieces of thin cardboard for front and back of my book. Next I got my decorative paper and glued it onto each piece of cardboard separately. I trimmed around the edges so that I had enough to fold over but not too much so that it would be bulky. Then I folded it over to the other side and glued it down. Then I grabbed a piece of plain colored paper and folded the edges to be just short of my original measurements and then folded it the other way and gently tore where I folded it (giving me a nice deckle edge). Then I glued that onto the inside cover (do this twice so you have a front and back piece). Next I got my hole punch and punched 2 holes in it where I wanted them.

Then I cut out my writing/drawing paper to be the size of my cardboard and punched holes in it using my covers as a template to match the holes. I grabbed some next and threaded it through the holes and tied a few knots. Finally I added a thick glittery heart sticker on top. You can decorate however you want or even leave it plain and draw on it as you go.

No comments: