Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Duct Tape Rings

Materials Needed:
• Duct Tape
• scissors
• goo gone & rag (to clean your scissors)


*all three rings


*detail


*detail

This idea came to me last night while I was watching tv. I found a piece of Duct Tape I had placed on the coffee table (that is sometimes where the scrap Duct Tape ends up when I am working on my crafts) and I started folding it and thought it kind of looked like a ring since it was so small so then of course I had to make it into a ring (which ended up being a few rings). I used the same method as my Duct Tape headbands but smaller of course. The bow one is my favorite. It reminds me of that tying a string on your finger so that you don't forget something.

So to do this I grabbed the Duct Tape and measured it around my finger (another percise measurement). Then I cut it half lenthwise and placed one half on my coffee table and the other half I held it lengthwise and folded the bottom part up to the center and then folded the top down covering all the exposed sticky sides then I wrapped it around my finger and cut a tiny piece from my coffee table left overs and wrapped it around the open parts of the bent ring giving me a closed up ring.

Then I added the details. For the stripes I just cut tiny strips and placed them around the ring. When I did the bow I used the same method as making the ring but folded it into a bow and placed yellow tape around the center tightly to secure it to the ring as well as give it the center part of the bow. For the flower started off the same way as making the ring but instead of folding both the upper and lower sides down I just did the upper side and then while crunching it up together and wrapping it around itself (using the exposed sticky part to "glue" it together) I made a rose. Then to attach it I used tiny strips of Duct Tape (from my coffee table again) and wrapped it around in different directions until I felt it was secure.

No comments: